As we age, our care needs grow and change. What a 65-year old needs for care differs greatly from the needs of a 75-year old, which are again different from the needs of an 85 or 95-year old. It becomes a challenge, then, for older people to navigate all these different care modalities. Where do you find qualified service providers? How can you get the most out of your care? How do you discover beneficial care options you may not know exist? Fortunately there are service providers like Generations Home Care to help guide the way. Our Continuum of Care service exists to identify our client’s care needs that may be going unfilled. Then, we provide information, resources, and connections to other vetted and qualified elder care health service providers. Here’s how it works:
The Continuum of Care
The Continuum of Care centers on our home care services. We help our clients by assisting with the non-medical activities of daily living that become more challenging with age. Depending on the client, these could include tasks like meal preparation, light housekeeping, running errands, mobility, bathing and grooming, and more. By helping with these activities, our clients can enjoy a higher quality-of-life. They can also live independently for longer, which could delay a move into costly assisted living facilities. Our clients find that — rather than robbing them of their independence — in-home care actually increases independence by tending to their safety and well-being.
Types of Care
Because we’re working in our client’s homes and interacting with them on a very personal level, we’re uniquely positioned to recognize when they might require or benefit from different kinds of care. When those situations arise, we can introduce appropriate services to our clients and their families, and then make a warm transfer to providers who can help. Services within our continuum of care include:
- Home Health: Many older people delay care because it’s just too difficult to travel to a provider’s office. Home health workers address this problem by traveling to their patient’s homes and providing medical care like medication management, psych nursing, as well as mobile physicians and dentistry. When older patients can access the medical care they need exactly when they need it, they’ll live healthier lives.
- Fiduciary Care: Older people often struggle to manage their finances, which can be a tremendous source of worry for adult children. When necessary, we can refer clients to qualified advisers who can set up powers of attorney documents and provide other financial assistance. This help often relieves a great deal of stress within families.
- Palliative Care: For patients dealing with serious conditions like kidney failure or cancer, palliative care serves as a bridge between home health care and hospice. This method of care focuses on symptom relief and improving the patient’s quality-of-life.
- Hospice Care: This is a holistic approach to care that serves patients with a life expectancy of six months or less. Hospice teams include doctors, nurses, caregivers, chaplains, social workers, volunteers, and other professionals who work together to improve their patient’s quality-of-life and ease their transition into death.
This is just a sample of the services our Continuum of Care includes. We can also help our clients uncover and access local services, as well as specialty services for veterans and other groups. It’s just another way we help our clients live healthier lives. So if you live in Arizona, and need qualified in-home care, contact us today. Generations Home Care can provide for your daily needs and bring a wealth of other care options directly to your doorstep.
About Generations Home Care
Generations Home Care personalized in-home care and support services help those recovering from illness, injury or surgery, living with a chronic disease, or dealing with the natural process of aging. We help people live a fuller, healthier and independent life.
We offer levels of care ranging from companionship, to respite for the primary family caregiver, to homemaking services, to assistance with activities of daily living, to Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Generations Home Care takes a holistic approach and emphasize a consistent, client-centered plan of care.
Our Specialty Services Include:
- Rehab or hospital-to-home programs for safe discharge.
- Short-term post-operative care during recovery periods.
- Non-medical life management services for people with chronic conditions.
- Veteran’s connection to care program.
- Live-in services and couples care.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you, contact us today at 602-595-HOME (4663) or by filling out the contact form on our website.